Welcome! If you’re reading this, you’re interested in being interviewed for the Millennials on the Move (MOTM) series.
To participate you must:
- Be 16 to 26 years old. Hard rule.
- Join the Millennials on the Move Facebook Group and be part of a group of more than 300+ Gen Y travelers.
- Submit a qualifying title + pitch of 50 words.
- Possess at least 6 high quality photos at least 1200px in width, for the blog post.
- Be willing to share your interview on your personal social media once it’s posted! Meaning Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Reddit, etc.!
The following is a list of topics that are already taken.
If the topic you’re suggesting sounds like any of the ones below, it needs to have a completely different angle or it may be rejected for being too similar.
- × I’m 23, and I am a Digital Nomad: Here’s How I Did it
- × Traveling as a Full-Time College Student: My Story, and Advice
- × Young and Working Abroad (Too broad of a topic)
- × “Solo Travel” (Too broad of a topic)
- × POC/Minority Traveler
- × I’m Afraid of Flying, and I’m an Avid Traveler
- × How Working in a Slum in India at 20 Years Old Changed My Life
- × I’m 21, and I Travel the World with My Boyfriend
- × Traveling with Anxiety
- × Getting Injured While Abroad
- × Young, Curvy, and Abroad: My Plus-Sized Adventure
- × How I Vacation as an Adventurous Vegetarian
- × Traveling with a Third-World Passport
- × Loneliness While Traveling
- × Young and Moving to Morocco
- × I Won and Lost My Study Abroad Scholarship… But I Went Anyway!
- × Child of Wanderlust: 16 and Traveling America with My Family
- × I’m 21, and I Travel the World With My Boyfriend
Above all the story you want to share should be unique and inspiring.
Answer these questions to yourself when choosing a topic:
Is this inspiring? Is this a story that only I can tell?
Was this relevant enough in my life for me to answer questions in-depth about it?
For examples of some available topics, consider:
- √ A personal adventure you’ve had that had a lasting impact
- √ What Its Like Growing Up in [Insert Location]
- √ An inspiring person/people you’ve met abroad and their effect on your life
- √ I Gained A New Perspective on my Country/Culture After Traveling
- √ A mistake you’ve made while traveling that you’ve learned from
- √ How Being Young Effects How I’m Treated When I Travel
- √ Why I Love Traveling with my Sister/Pet/Parents/Best-Friend
- √ How Traveling Taught Me to Value my College Experience
- √ Why I Don’t Regret Skipping College to Travel
- √ How My Love for Travel Led to My Career as a ____________
- √ How Studying Arabic in Lebanon Led to Me Becoming a World Banker
- √ How Being 6’8 Changes How I See The World—Literally (Traveling While Tall)
- √ If you have a unique topic not listed, please pitch it!
Notice that all of these topics are in-depth and very specific to an individual. I suggest looking through old MOTM interviews and see how they were so your pitch can be accepted on the first shot!
ex. Instead of “Teaching English Abroad” ⇒ “How Teaching English Abroad Led to My Appreciation of Korean Culture”
ex. Instead of “Working and Traveling” ⇒ “How Starting My Business Led to Me Being More of an Extroverted Traveler”
What goes into the interview?
Your interview of 600-1200 words, and three social media links.
How Do I Apply?
- Request to join the Millennials on the Move Facebook Page for exclusive travel opportunities, travel deals, and a tight-knit community of like-minded millennial travelers.
- Send an email with your Name, Age, and a pitch title + 50-word summary of what you’d like to talk about. This will help you define your topic and see if it is unique, and will help me develop your interview questions. (Please send this summary in the email text and NOT in this document.)
Email subject line should be “MOTM – [Concide Title Pitch + Your Name + Age]”. Submissions can be sent to gabby[at]packslight[dot]com.
Follow my social medias as well to see and share your interview when it goes live!