Welcome! If you’re reading this, you’re interested in being interviewed for the Millennials on the Move (MOTM) series.
To participate you must:
- Be 16 to 26 years old. Hard rule.
- Possess at least 6 high quality photos at least 1200px in width, for the blog post.
- Join the Millennials on the Move Facebook Group and be part of a group of more than 300+ Gen Y travelers.
- Submit a qualifying pitch of 50 words.
- Be willing to share your interview on social media once it’s posted!
The following is a list of topics that are already taken.
If the topics you’ve suggested moderately similar to any of the topics below, I’m sorry but we won’t be able to use that topic unless you have an extraordinary story to support it.
- × I’m 23, and I am a Digital Nomad: Here’s How I Did it
- × Traveling as a Full-Time College Student: My Story, and Advice
- × Young and Working Abroad
- × Being a Young, POC/Minority Traveler
- × I’m Afraid of Flying, and I’m an Avid Traveler
- × How Working in a Slum in India at 20 Years Old Changed My Life
- × I’m 21, and I Travel the World with My Boyfriend
- × Traveling with Anxiety
- × Getting Injured While Abroad
- × Young, Curvy, and Abroad: My Plus-Sized Adventure
- × How I Vacation as an Adventurous Vegetarian
- × Traveling with a Third-World Passport
- × Loneliness While Traveling
- × Young and Moving to Morocco
- × I Won and Lost My Study Abroad Scholarship… But I Went Anyway!
- × Child of Wanderlust: 16 and Traveling America with My Family
- × I’m 21, and I Travel the World With My Boyfriend
Above all the story you want to share should be unique and inspiring.
Answer these questions to yourself when choosing a topic:
Is this inspiring? Is this a story that only I can tell?
Was this relevant enough in my life for me to answer questions in-depth about it?
For examples of some available topics, consider:
- √ A personal adventure you’ve had that had a lasting impact
- √ An inspiring person/people you’ve met abroad and their effect on your life
- √ I Gained A New Perspective on my Country/Culture After Traveling
- √ A mistake you’ve made while traveling that you’ve learned from
- √ How Being Young Effects How I’m Treated When I Travel
- √ Why I Love Traveling with my Sister/Pet/Parents/Best-Friend
- √ How Traveling Taught Me to Value my College Experience
- √ Why I Don’t Regret Skipping College to Travel
- √ How My Love for Travel Led to My Career as a ____________
- √ If you have a unique topic not listed, please pitch it!
Notice that all of these topics are in-depth and very specific to an individual. I suggest looking through old MOTM interviews and see how they were so your pitch can be accepted on the first shot!
ex. Instead of “Teaching English Abroad” ⇒ “How Teaching English Abroad Led to My Appreciation of Korean Culture”
ex. Instead of “Working and Traveling” ⇒ “How Starting My Business Led to Me Being More of an Extroverted Traveler”
What goes into the interview?
Your interview of 600-1200 words, and three social media links.
How Do I Apply?
- Request to join the Millennials on the Move Facebook Page for exclusive travel opportunities, travel deals, and a tight-knit community of like-minded millennial travelers.
- Send an email with your Name, Age, and 50-word summary of what you’d like to talk about. This will help you define your topic and see if it is unique, and will help me develop your interview questions. (Please send this summary in the email text and NOT in this document.)
Email subject line should be “MOTM – [Your Name & Age]”. Submissions can be sent to gabby[at]packslight[dot]com.
Follow my social medias as well to see and share your interview when it goes live!