What are some easy ways to start travel hacking today? What's a hidden travel hacking secret you must know to maximize your travel awards? Aside from credit card hacking, what travel rewards are there?
One of the most underrated budget travel tips is travel hacking: paying for your trips using airline, credit card, or other points and rewards programs. You should be signing up for as many frequent traveler points programs as possible!
Not only do they have a dollar value that can be redeemed in your travels, but they can also afford you status in those various travel programs. Having status has gotten me priority boarding, free in-flight wifi and seat upgrades, free checked luggage, complimentary hotel nights, and more.
💡 Want to travel first class, at no charge? Read how I consistently get upgraded to first-class on flights: How to Get a Last-Minute Bump to A Better Seat on Your Next Flight (Do NOT Ask the Flight Attendant!)
But even a master travel hacker might be missing this tip… are linking your points to the partnered apps and services you use every day, to get you more points? If haven't been, this article will help you take actionable steps in the next 5 minutes.
Earn Marriott Bonvoy points, using Uber
- Earn 2 points per dollar when you order Uber Eats at home or on the road (get 30% off by using my code, eats-zqfjo6c26i)
- Earn 3 points per dollar on Uber Premium rides (includes Uber XL, Uber Black, Uber SUV and Uber Comfort).
- Earn 6 points per dollar when you order Uber Eats while staying at a hotel within the Marriott portfoli
- Valid only in the U.S.
Earn Hilton Hotel points, using Lyft
- Link your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts to earn 3 Points per $1 spent on Lyft rides (economy, luxury and extra seats). Earn 2 Points per $1 spent on shared Lyft rides.
- Redeem your Hilton Honors Points for Lyft credits.
- Get $5 off your first three rides when you sign up as a new Lyft user.
Earn Chase points, using Lyft
- Chase Sapphire: Ride with Lyft and earn 5x total points through March 2022.
- Chase Ink: Earn 5x total points when you ride with your Chase Ink Plus or Chase Ink Business Preferred card through March 2022 (sign up here!)
- Chase Freedom: Ride with Lyft and earn 5% cash back through March 2022.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: Ride with Lyft and earn 10x total points on your through March 2022, plus activate Lyft Pink for a free 1-year membership.
Earn Delta SkyMiles, Lyft
Link your SkyMiles and Lyft accounts to start earning miles for every U.S. ride.
- Earn 1 mile per $1 on every U.S. ride.
- Through September 10, 2021, earn 4 miles per $1 on all rides to an airport.
- Get up to $20 in ride credit as a new Lyft user (sign up here!)
Earn Delta SkyMiles, using Airbnb
- Earn 1 mile per $1* spent on all Airbnb stays worldwide!
Earn Delta SkyMiles, using Hertz
- Earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on qualifying car rental charges.
Earn Delta SkyMiles, using InstaCart
- Earn 1 mile for $1* spent with Instacart (Instacart Express Members will earn 1.5 miles for $1* spent)
- Members will also receive special access to extended complimentary trials of up to 12 months of Instacart Express.
Earn Qantas Airlines points, using Uber
- Qantas gives first time Uber riders the opportunity to earn 2,000 Qantas Points on their first Uber ride.
- Request an Uber to or from eligible Australian airports using the Qantas or Uber app and earn 1 Qantas Point per A$1 spent on your ride.
- Eligible Uber Rewards members can convert these points into Qantas Points.
Earn Qantas Airlines points, by booking Airbnb and hotels
- Earn 1x Qantas Point per A$1 spent on your AirBnb booking
- Earn 3-6 Qantas Points per A$1 spent on hotels and resorts, using the link below.
Earn Emirates Airlines points, using Marriott Bonvoy
- Emirates Skywards Silver, Gold and Platinum tier members will earn 1 Skywards Mile for every USD or equivalent spent on top of points when staying at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
💡 You might be interested in: How to take budget vacations with VIP vibes: luxury travel hacks
Let me know in the comments if you used any of these tips to 3x your points!
Are there any for JetBlue???
Yes! Shopping, dining, restaurants… so many! You can see them here: https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/earning-points
You can also get Delta miles with their Star Elite/Sister Carriers like KLM/Air France to name a couple. As well as earn them with Capital One, when you buy groceries/eat out. Lastly Marriott Bonvoy and Delta are partners, and you can earn as you stay at their hotels.
Thanks for this addition, Stacey! 🙂