Packs Light receives a significant number of monthly page views and provides a platform to get your travel tips in front of an audience, through the blog and its a promotion on social media. Our contributors’ blogs and social media accounts are linked to help drive traffic to their accounts while boosting their SEO and rankings in Google Search.
The YoungTravelersNetwork blog series is exclusively for young travelers age 26 and under. You can have an interview-style piece, or submit your own guest post.
All others should apply to submit guest posts via the standard Guest Post link.
NOTE: We do not accept paid links as contributed content. No SEO agencies, link builders, etc. will be allowed to contribute.
Why should you write for Packs Light?
1. Invaluable behind-the-scenes experience in what it means to be a full-time travel blogger!
2. College internship or work experience credit for journalism. We have experience with the procedures and forms to make the experience count as university credit.
3. Have your own website or blog linked to a website DA 39 and improve your SEO.
4. We are credible. Packs Light has been featured by the Huffington Post, Fodors, TravelChannel, Business Insider, and more!
5. It's great work experience for your college applications & job applications. Hone your writing skills, build community, and build your writing portfolio. These will go far for you if you are considering a career in journalism or freelance writing.
6. If you know about my personal work experience you know I've worked as a technical recruiter for 3 years, and offer ad-hoc resume and LinkedIn optimization services. That is to say, I can help you make this experience value stretch!
6. If you become a regular contributor (2x per month minimum) you can be publicly listed as Packs Light staff and get a cool profile that you can share and take along with you forever!