Grants to fund travel to Israel
Masa Israel is an organization that offers opportunities for young Jewish adults to travel to Israel. Their programs include internships, study abroad experiences, teaching English, gap year programs, and more. Grants are available to cover the costs of these programs.
To be eligible for a Masa Grant, you must
- Be Jewish
- Be a graduate of a secondary school and/or between the ages of 18 and 30
- Have not been on an organized post-high school program (including an academic program) of more than four months in Israel since September 2004
- Not have Israeli citizenship OR if you do, you must have left Israel before the age of 14 and have lived outside of Israel for at least four consecutive years prior to receiving your grant
- Have not spent 4 consecutive months or longer in Israel within the 24 month period prior to the start of your chosen Masa program after the age of 18.
Several grants are available for North American participants:
- Up to $3000 for ages 22+
- Up to $1250 for ages 19-21
- Additional needs-based funding