Training to equip youth with skills to help their communities during crises
Deadline: June 13, 2021
The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) will be organizing the “ICYF Young Volunteers Camp” program in Antalya, Turkey to equip citizens of an OIC Member State or representatives of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State with practical knowledge and guidance to help and support communities during pandemics, natural disasters, and humanitarian crises. The program takes place on 5-10 July for women and 12-17 July for men.
As part of the ICYF young volunteers camp, ICYF will provide participants with two options for covering travel costs. Applications will be evaluated in two ways. Meals, accommodation, domestic transportation, and city tour expenses will be covered by the host organization.
ICYF Young Volunteers Camps targets to achieve the following specific objectives:
- To design the right framework of a volunteering training program during any kind of crisis as a long-term solution
- To establish an effective partnership network and its community for volunteer’s capacity building
- To empower youth lead organizations on volunteering management
- To enhance young volunteers` capacities through interactive training
- To promote the human rights of volunteers during humanitarian crises with civic and human rights education.
- To establish a network among youth organizations for effective collaboration to find sustainable solutions during a pandemic crisis and humanitarian crises in the world.
- To raise awareness of youth on the universal values of volunteerism
- To provide a platform for sharing experiences, lessons learned and reflections on youth volunteerism and its impact.
- To share best examples of successful youth volunteerism initiatives
- To enable participants to improve themselves in project preparation for various funding sources and project cycle management