Leadership program for young physicians
Deadline: June 30, 2021
The InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) is seeking candidates for the 10th IAP Young Physician Leaders (YPL) Programme to be held on 22-26 October 2021 in conjunction with the World Health Summit in Berlin, Germany, 24-26 October 2021.
They seeking to identify up to 20 outstanding Young Physician Leaders under the age of 40 who:
- Are pursuing careers in medical education, clinical leadership, public health, health policy and health services management;
- Show great promise for leadership in their chosen careers;
- Are enthusiastic, with outstanding communication skills and the ability, desire and personality to represent the medical profession well when interacting with the senior professionals from multiple sectors who will be attending the World Health Summit.
- Are willing, after the Berlin experience, to engage with the wider YPL network, e.g. in developing collaborative projects.
This year’s programme is articulated in three parts:
- A specific leadership development programme with a focus on analysing models of leadership with the aim of developing an individual action plan for personal leadership growth.
- A visit to research foundations in the Berlin area.
- Participation by the awardees in the events of the World Health Summit, a forum within which the YPL will be exposed to an outstanding scientific and policy programme attended by a global group of medical and policy professionals.
Local costs (accommodation, meals and WHS registration) will be covered by the organizers for successful candidates. Nominating organizations from high-income countries are expected to provide some travel support for their nominees. Partial financial support may be available for candidates from low and middle-income countries.