Austria's Agency for Education and Internationalisation (OeAD)
Earn full tuition and up to EUR 1,150 to pursue research in Austria!
Who: < 35, All nationalities (except Austrian), Postgraduates, Ph.D. students, Ph.D. holders, and Post-docs, must have strong English and/or German knowledge, must have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months
The Ernst Mach Grant worldwide is targeted at young researchers from all disciplines and countries (except Austria) who wish to pursue a research project in Austria.
This is a supplementary research grant, meaning that some of the applicant's own funds will be required. The scholarship will only be granted for projects that can be completed within the scholarship period (maximum of 9 months). Included in the grant is:
Who is eligible?
- Postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/PhD programme outside Austria
- Postgraduates and post-docs wishing to pursue research in Austria with a view to an academic career and who completed their studies (at a university outside Austria) after September 30th, 2020
- Post-docs who are working as lecturers at a university outside Austria
- Those studying in the fields of natural sciences, technical sciences, human medicine, health sciences, agricultural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and arts
💡 Looking for things to do while in Austria? Check out the beautiful city of Mellau with our guide: A young travelers guide to Mellau, Austria.
What do you receive with the Ernst Mach Grant?
- Monthly grant rate for graduates: EUR 1,050
- Monthly grant rate for graduates with a PhD degree: EUR 1,150
- Assistance in arranging accommodation and health insurance
- Full tuition fees in Austria
- Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. EUR 1,000
Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves. If your monthly costs for accommodation in Austria exceed EUR 300, you may need to provide proof of additional funds to the Austrian residence authority when you apply for your residence permit.
It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD student housing. The monthly costs are:
- Monthly rent: roughly EUR 250 to 600 (depending on the amenities)
- Monthly administrative fee: EUR 18
To apply for this job please visit oead.at.