Fulbright, Institute of International Education
Funding for international research projects, teaching, fellowships, and study
Who: U.S. citizens or nationals, Recent graduates and graduate students, Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent before the start of the grants (in the creative and performing arts, f4 years of experience meets the requirement), Meet the language requirements of the award to which they are applying
Deadline: October 11, 2022
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers recent U.S. graduates and graduate students research, study, and teaching opportunities in over 140 countries.
The scholar component of the program provides opportunities for intellectual and cultural pursuits in an environment of academic freedom and binational cooperation.
Fulbright Scholars are selected in part for their demonstrated leadership potential.
Need help crafting your application? 📝 The Application Tool-Kit will teach you how to create a winning resume, letter of recommendation, and more!
Types of Fulbright:
There are multiple types of Fulbright Scholarship awards:
- Open Study/Research Awards
- The Fulbright Study/Research Award is the traditional award opportunity where a candidate designs a proposal for a specific country
- English Teaching Assistant Awards
- Critical Language Enhancement Awards
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellowships in Public Health
- Fulbright-National Geographic Storytelling Fellowship
Applicants can also propose their own independent study/research projects or, in some countries, can propose to enroll in a graduate program.
Grant benefits for all Fulbright U.S. Student programs include:
- Accident & Sickness Health Benefits
- 24/7 support line for urgent and non-urgent situations
- 12 months of non-competitive eligibility (NCE) hiring status within the federal government
- Funding to use towards international travel expenses
Based on award and country, some grants may also include:
- book and research allowances
- mid-term enrichment activities
- full or partial tuition
- language study programs
Make sure you check each individual program for its program-specific eligibility requirements and benefits.